Monday, August 31, 2009

I am a fly fishing master...




Well, not really, but it was fun. My dad took me fly fishing for the very first time yesterday. We drove a couple hours up into the mountains and enjoyed a calm, quiet, beautiful day. We didn't catch any fish, or even get a nibble for that matter (Dad said it was just too cold for them), but we enjoyed some road sodas and had a great time. It turns out I can cause my fishing line to knot up just as easily as I can beading thread. Sigh. All the same, I'm a definite fan of fly fishing and I hope Dad and I can go again soon.

3 comments:

justme said...

Yeah! isn't it fun? yet another thing we can do together...if we ever have a second...

Jamie Hogsett said...

It's totally fun! If we can ever get together for dinner, we can plan our fly fishing excursion. One step at a time... :)

Unknown said...

looks beautiful and so serene. I've never fished myself. Maybe one day...