Thursday, February 26, 2009

Friday Communique

Seed beads for sale at my local bead store, Bead Cache. How can you not love seed beads?!


Yesterday afternoon I headed south to Longmont to meet up with a group of beaders from the Rocky Mountain Bead Society. We met to bead at the Bead Lounge (which is just down the street from my dad's jewelry store, so I got to go see him for a bit.). It was nice to actually sit and bead with other beaders! We all worked on different types of projects and used a multitude of beading techniques. We're trying to make it a monthly thing, so hopefully I'll be able to go next month too.

I figured
I'd just head home after beading, but luckily my mom had another idea. She'd heard the Z Gallerie in Boulder is closing and that the entire store is 50% off. So, I went on to Boulder, picked up Mom from work, and we went SHOPPING! Mom and I picked out some sweet artwork for Dean's house (which I'm totally going to hang in my place if he doesn't like it in his) and I got to pick out some early birthday presents. Yaay! If only all Thursday afternoons were this fun...

Check out the fun some of my crew have been up to this week:

Sara Hardin (AKA SoftFlexGirl) is preparing for the upcoming Soft Flex Company Glass Art & Bead Festival in Honolulu. No, she doesn't get to go.

Kristen Fagan visited the Fountain Hills Great Fair last weekend and thinks this article Do you want to turn your jewelry hobby into a Full-Time business? is well worth the read!

Have a lovely weekend! xoxo

No comments: