Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Playing with Wire

The Summer issue of Stringing is out. It's bright and sunny with lots of fun projects. I'm proud to say I have two necklaces in the issue:

High Tide is a sparkly piece featuring a focal piece and clasp from my friends at Green Girl Studios. It's difficult to tell in the magazine, but I braided two strands of Soft Flex Extreme Silver wire around the center portion of the necklace. It makes me think of seaweed.

Coralline was made on request from Danielle Fox, editor of Stringing. The polka-dotted lampworked glass beads caught her eye when I used them in the Come to My Party necklace in Create Jewelry: Glass, so she asked that I used them in a necklace. I had them with me at a bead show and asked Mike Sherman to pick out gemstones to go with them. Obviously, I loved his choices!

No comments: