Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bother-free is the way to be

Miss Rebecca dropped by the other day with a new freelance project for me work on, along with a present! As if the super cute hand-stitched pouch wasn't enough, there were three shiny packages inside. Is it candy? Even better, it's tea. Tea that blooms!

Which flavor to try first? Noble Essence felt like it should be saved for a very special occasion and Let It Snow just didn't seem right for a sunny 65 degree day, so Red Song won out. The tea began flowering the second the water hit it and at first made me thing of Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors.

My attempt to show the different stages of the bloom were foiled by steam:

The full bloom is gorgeous, not to mention highly caffeinated. Red Song is strong, delicious, long-lasting stuff my friends. It's perfect on a day, such as this, when insomnia has been kicking my butt for two weeks. Thank goodness for my Winnie the Pooh mug. It's clear, so it perfectly shows off the flower, and it boasts a sweet little message: Bother-free is the way to be. Oh Pooh, you're so wise.

Thank you Rebecca! xoxo

5 comments:

Cynthia Thornton said...

I love this stuff! Its magical to watch them open! I also like how you can steep them a couple more times, since the tea is strong.

Unknown said...

i've never seen such a tea. It's beautiful!

Unknown said...

I've never seen that before either - it is gorgeous....what a nice present?!

Anonymous said...

where can you buy that stuff?

Anonymous said...

where did you get that mug? my gf broke hers and i've been trying to get another one like it!