Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Communique

We celebrated a big anniversary last night: my grandparents have been married for 61 years! They're an incredible couple who completely adore each other. I'm grateful every day that they're still a great part of my life.

My aunts presented a beautiful vase full of tropical flowers to get us all to start thinking about our big family cruise to Hawaii in a few months - yaay! - and Mom brought a delicious lemon cake that she decorated with blooms from my favorite flower, the daffodil. Grandpa patiently sat through lots of pictures and stared at the cake the entire time. Once he had that first bite in his hand, he was not so pleased with the cameras anymore. Oh Grandpa, you and your sweet tooth!

Please check out what some of my very sweet friends were up to this week:

Sara Hardin (AKA SoftFlexGirl) is preparing for CHA and creating lots of new free projects.
Check out her new wine charms!

Kristen Fagan loves telecommuting for Soft Flex Company. Read how working from home reaps "green" rewards for our environment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

they are so cute! daffodils are one of my favs too (bert has a tough time finding nice ones to gift me living in the desert)!

Unknown said...

Holy Moly 2 weeks since you last blogged? Where you been?