Monday, October 6, 2008

A little bit of swagger...



Just received the cover for Create Jewelry: Glass - isn't it pretty? I love the design. To the women of the Interweave Press book department: nice work!

The Glass book is the fourth and final book in the Create Jewelry series. It will be available in March of 2009 and information will be up soon on Amazone and Interweave's site. Though I enjoyed making the projects for all four books, the Glass book was by far my favorite. I started this book not long after finishing the Stone book, so I was worried about being burned out. Luckily, I had so many different shapes, styles, and colors of glass beads to play with that my imagination went wild. And making over twenty projects was great therapy.

I'd also like to announce that I'm a DOY. What's that? A Designer of the Year for Beadwork magazine. DOY is a new feature for 2009 and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. I'll have a project in every issue of Beadwork in 2009 and my work will be featured with that of some amazing women: Jean Campbell, Lisa Kan, Marcia DeCoster, and Scarlett Lanson. In all honesty, I can't believe that I was asked, so I'm incredibly flattered. Here's a little preview of my project for the February/March issue - love that circular square stitch:




2 comments:

Unknown said...

What wonderful news! Congrats Jamie, it is well deserved.

Jamie Hogsett said...

Thank you Kristen. I hope you had a blast on your vacay!!