Thursday, March 26, 2009

I heart New Belgium!

One of the many things I love about living here is Fort Fun is home to New Belgium Brewery, home of Fat Tire, Sunshine Wheat (my personal favorite), and many other yummy brews. Last night I had the great opportunity to attend the New Belgium Beer Dinner at Austin's. Oh, it was delicous!

The four course meal was comprised of five dishes made and served with different New Belgium brews. The appetizer was Blue Paddle Ceviche. It may have been the first time I've tried ceviche and this totally made me want to try it again. I love me some avocados, so pretty much anything with avocado is game with me.

The starter course was Fat Tire Beer Cheese Soup. You know I love cheese, so of course I loved this soup. For the entree course, we had a choice between 1554 Braised Buffalo Pot Roast and Stuffed Salmon with a Sunshine Dill Cream Sauce. My new friend Joel had the brilliant idea to share each get one and share so that we could try both options and I'm so glad we did. Both were wonderful and I have leftovers for tonight - my tummy is growling just thinking about it.

Finally, for the dessert course, we had Abbey Glazed Bananas Foster. YUMMY! This was my first taste of Abbey. It has a slight banana flavor anyway, but having a sip of it after a bite of the dessert was complete banana goodness. Wow.

To top off all the fabulous food, they gave us party favors. We go a patch kit for bicycle tires (which I passed along to a bike owner), a bottle opener, some tasty orange peel lip balm, and our beer glass - fun!

The hot guy representing New Belgium explained to us that the New Belgium logo is laser etched into the bottom of the glass to allow for better effervescence. Or something like that. Did I mention he was hot?!

All in all, a delightful way to spend a Wednesday evening. Thank you Christine, Brian, Katie, and Joel! Nice work all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Was he possibly hot?

Andrew Thornton said...

My mouth is watering. Yummy, yummy, yummy.

Jamie Hogsett said...

Oh, Sara, he was positively hot.

Yes, Andrew, he made my mouth water too. Wait, are you talking about the food? :)